bareMinerals BAREPRO 24-Hour Full Coverage Liquid Foundation SPF20 & acne-prone skin



I have always been a "get the cheapest option to ever exist" makeup consumer. Frankly, I had no clue about good quality makeup and how products could affect my skin. Due to the fact that I have been struggling with hormonal acne since the day I was born, literally, my aim was to find whatever that could just hide my anxiety-causing blemishes. I used a shit ton of products and, to be honest, I do not even dare to imagine how dreadful my makeup looked.

With time and wisdom acquired, I have set off on a journey to find the most suitable foundation for my skin type- dry & prone to acne. For some time, I have used a very affordable and good formula drugstore foundation, however, after a couple of hours of wearing, it creased & my sunscreen somehow managed to come through leaving white marks on mimic areas of my face. I said enough is enough & that is when I decided to step up my makeup game  & try a product of a higher label. 

Not gonna lie, there was a battle between Estee Lauder Double Wear and Bare Minerals, however after numerous hours of research and I made up my mind. 

My first impression was that it is incredibly light but covering at the same time. Due to the fact that it is a liquid foundation with a weightless & delicate formula, it makes your skin look smooth & shining, but in a positive way. The biggest advantages are that it is non-comedogenic (not pore-clogging) & not oily, therefore it does not lead to breakouts

Unfortunately, the coverage leaves a little to wish for. I mean, it is possible to build a full coverage with this product, however with the cost of using 1/4 of the bottle. In my case, one bottle lasted for a little more than three months. My skin now is usually calm with small imperfections from time to time. I also accepted my acne scars so generally, I don't mind them coming through the foundation. Still, before period I tend to break out with cystic acne & applying 3-4 layers is much needed. This foundation also enhances the dryness of some parts of my skin, usually where the blemishes appear. Therefore, if you are suffering from dry skin or looking for a product with high coverage, I would not recommend this one to you.

 In spite of these facts, I can genuinely say that bareMinerals liquid foundation has taught me to not be ashamed of my skin & not feel constantly obligated to hide it because it is a part of who I am & that is beautiful. I have grown to love my skin & I can confidently say that I will purchase this foundation again. 

Comments

Popular Posts