Skincare for acne- prone skin



Hello dear readers! It is great to be back after such a long break. Feels amazing to write here again. I am aware that during my absence TikTok and other super-duper innovative apps have taken over the world and blogs are not a thing any more; however, I simply derive pleasure from creating posts rather than making 7 seconds- short videos... it is just completely not my thing.

Just before quarantine happened in 2020, I had started having serious problems with my skin. What has caused my acne was most likely stress, bad eating habits, and frequent alcohol consumption. These are usually the acne triggers for most people, fyi. I was extremely confused and worried about the condition of my skin, and I felt hopeless because nothing could improve it. 

I recall that period of my life as the worst, not only because of the pandemic and lockdown but mental issues and anxiety due to my acne. I was not able to look in the mirror without hate towards myself or leave the house without makeup. I have never felt so insecure and disgusting. Even now, two years later, when I think about it, I still feel some tension and stress. I don't have the courage to upload pictures of how I looked, which shows that it's not something I have accepted entirely.

Fortunately, I have found a way to improve my skin condition. I focused on using topical treatment, controlling my hormones with birth control (which I don't actually recommend), and changing my diet. In this post, I will tell you what has helped me control new breakouts. 


1. Cleansing 

I wash my face twice a day, and no  m o r e.  By washing your skin too often, you damage its natural barrier, get rid of the good bacteria essential for the healthy functioning of your skin. This leads to dehydration and overstimulation of oil glands which emerges in breakouts. In the morning I use the CeraVe Gel Cleanser and in the evening I use The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser, it is a great oil balm makeup remover and then I use my CeraVe to clean the surface of my face.

 2. Products for the day

The most important rule, keep it simple. Let your skin breathe and function with the least amount of products possible. After washing my face in the morning, I put on The REVOX Vitamin C serum, The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + Hyaluronic Acid face cream. On top of that, most importantly, I put SPF 50 SVR Sebiaclear Creme.

3. Products for the night 

On my moist freshly washed face, I put The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% serum. When it absorbs, I apply Tea-tree oil or Pimple Patches on stubborn spots. Lastly, I put Aloe Vera Gel 99%- it soothes skin and calms irritation.

4. Once a week

From my experience, it is not a good idea to use many active ingredients simultaneously. There are some forbidden and inadvisable combinations, so I wouldn't risk. Sometimes the best idea to improve inflamed areas is to leave them alone, but from time to time strong active ingredients can help you out. For example, The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2% Masque or La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo+ cream for imperfections are my favorites. However, don't forget to overuse it because it leads to irritation and inflammation. 

Of course, don't think that these are the only products that help improve acne. There are tons of other great and effective products. Just because they work for me, doesn't mean they will work for you.


P.S.  If you are suffering from acne or other body issues, please remember that it is only temporary and IT IS OKAY. It is only a box your beautiful soul lives in. It can be changed, but in order to do that, you need to accept and appreciate it. Be grateful for your body.

Sending love and light,

Marta xx




Comments

  1. I love these tips for healthier skin! I have often struggled to get rid of a variety of kinds of persistent blemishes and tend to get niacinamide deficiencies.
    Those Products for the night sound excellent. I have had niacinamide deficiencies in the past, but had not thought to apply a serum containing it directly on the affected areas!
    I love your positivity and advice regarding both acne and other body issues!
    P.S.: It is wonderful to see you posting on your blog again.
    I did not do any posts in 2021, but have now done one each in January and again in February of this year.
    Best wishes for a very healthy, successful and happy year 2022! xx <3 :D

    my blog
    my YouTube
    my Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to hear you liked my post:) Sending lots of love

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts